$100 store credit to Hobby Homebrew for Best of Show
$20 store credit to Hobby Homebrew for each Category winner.
Saturday March 29th-Saturday April 19th
Friday, May 3rd
$7 per entry
- Entrant: This competition is open to amateur homebrewers. All entrants must be at least 21 years old or older. Please provide your entrant information one time through the online entry site.
- Entry: Submit two 10-16 ounce bottles or cans with no distinguishing marks on the bottle/can or cap. Blacked-out caps are OK. No swing-top (grolsch style) bottles. There is no limit on the number of entries an entrant may submit, but only one entry per BJCP sub-category will be allowed. Entries will not be returned to entrants.
- Entry Information: Check the online entry website for information on which BJCP style guidelines will be used. The complete recipe is not required, but please include any additional notes or special ingredients that you think may impact judging. Check the BJCP style guidelines for more details.
- Bottle Identification Labels: Print and cut out the bottle labels. Affix a bottle label with the requisite information around the bottle body with rubber band(s) – do not use tape or glue to attach the labels. Please ensure that the information on the Bottle Label is correct. If submitting multiple entries please ensure that the bottle label is attached to the correct entry.
- Payment: Payments can be made online or by check. Check the registration link for details.
- Shipping/Drop-off: All entries must be delivered to one of the listed drop-off/shipping locations. (Do not ship via USPS). Pack your entries carefully and time them to arrive before the end of the entry window. All entries will be refrigerated upon receipt. Late entries will not be accepted. Please make sure you specify your drop off location and number of entries when you register online prior to dropping off your entries.
- Judging: Categories may be combined if there are insufficient entries in a given category. If categories are combined, your beer will be judged and scored based on the category you entered it into. All the scores in the combined category will be ranked. The highest score will be selected as category winner and move onto the ‘Best of Show’ round.
- Awards: All entrants are invited to attend the festival*. Awards will be given to the top three entries in each category, including Best in Show. An entry must have a minimum score of 30 to qualify for an award.
*Festival admission is a separate fee.
- Results: Results will be posted as soon as possible online after the festival. Any score sheets and/or awards not picked-up at the awards ceremony will be mailed as soon as possible after the festival.
- Contact Information: For further information, please contact the Competition Organizer, Granger Young at [email protected].
Entries shipped to or dropped-off at: