A big thank you to all of our participants for this year! We can't wait to do it again next year. To see the competition results click here
or down below on Competition results.
$250 store credit to Hobby Homebrew for Best of Show
$100 Store Credit to Hobby Homebrew for first Runner-up
$50 store credit to Hobby Homebrew for second runner-up
Check this page in 2023 for new dates!
- Entry: Submit two 10-14 ounce bottles with no distinguishing marks on the bottle or cap. Blacked-out caps are OK.
- Entrant Information Form: Please complete this ONE TIME ONLY for each entrant. No club affiliation is necessary to enter.
- Entry Listing Form: Only one Entrant Info Form per person is needed, but use an additional copy of the Entry Listing Form for each beer entry. Please include any additional notes that are required by BJCP guidelines for styles 6D, 16E, 17F, 20, 21, 22B, 22C, 25C, 26A, 27E, and 28B-D. See BJCP style guidelines for the specific requirements. (complete recipe not required)
- Bottle Identification Labels: Cut out the bottle labels and affix a Bottle Label with the requisite information to each bottle with rubber band(s) – do not use tape or glue to attach the labels. Be sure to include the Entry Number, the BJCP category code (e.g. 2B for Bohemian Pilsner), the Style Name, and any additional information needed. Please ensure that the information on the Bottle Label is complete and matches that on the Entry Listing and Entrant Information Forms. There is no limit on the number of entries an individual may submit, but only one entry per sub-category will be allowed
- Payment: The cost is $7 per entry. Payments can be made online at Paypal or by check. Checks must be made out for the total amount of your entries, need to be made out to "Southern Illinois Brewers'', and can be mailed to Fermentation Science Institute, Mail Code 6833, Southern Illinois University, 1785 University Press Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901.
- Shipping/Drop-off: All entries must be sent to one of the locations below. (Do not ship via USPS). Pack your entries carefully and time them to arrive by April 23rd, 2022 deadline. All entries will be refrigerated upon receipt. Late entries will not be accepted. Please make sure you specify your drop off location and number of entries when you register online prior to dropping off your entries.
- Judging: Final judging is on Saturday, April 23rd 2022. Categories may be combined if there are insufficient entries in a given category. If categories are combined, your beer will be judged and scored based on the category you entered it into. All the scores in the combined category will be ranked, and the highest score will be selected as category winner and move onto Best in Show.
- Awards: All entrants are invited to attend Carbondale Brew Fest* at the Carbondale Town Square Pavilion on Friday, May 6th, starting at 6 PM (early entry for VIP). Medals and or ribbons will be awarded to the top three finishers in each category, including Best in Show.
*Festival admission is a separate fee.
- Results: Results will be posted as soon as possible online after the festival. Any score sheets and/or awards not picked-up at the awards ceremony will be mailed as soon as possible after the festival.
- Contact Information: For further information, please contact the Competition Organizer, Granger Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries shipped to or dropped-off at: